MEOC members belong to a community of outreach professionals and educators dedicated to disseminating apolitical and nonpartisan information, resources and activities furthering understanding about the Middle East. We have a variety of membership categories, reflecting our diverse membership of K-12 teachers, post-secondary instructors, and outreach professionals.
Membership Categories and Benefits
FREE Access Membership
- Information about academic and educational events pertaining to the Middle East
- Information about professional development and funding opportunities
- Resources for teaching about the Middle East
- Book award results, plus updates on new publications, films and other media pertaining to the Middle East
- NOTE: Films, books, and other products may only be announced once per year
- To join as an access level member, click here.
- $10 for K-12 teachers only; free for lifetime achievement award winners
- Everything that comes with the Outreach Professional membership
Outreach Professional Membership
- $25 for outreach professionals; free for lifetime achievement award winners
- Everything that comes with an Access membership, plus:
- The right to vote and participate in MEOC decision-making processes (nominating, voting for a board member, nominating and deliberating on the book award team; participating in bylaws change discussions and voting for changes)
- Opportunities to produce instructional materials, present in classrooms and design training
- Opportunity to be apply for travel award to attend MESA
- $150 for institutional members (must be institutions of higher learning or non- or not-for-profit organizations);
- Two Outreach Professional memberships for outreach personnel employed by the institution;
- An institutional page on the MEOC website to promote programs/resources;
- Co-sponsorship of national outreach projects coordinated through MEOC, including the Middle East Book Award, the Global Reads Webinar Series, and MEOC's booths at the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) and National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) conference;
- A copy of MEOC's annual report including statistics and outcomes for use in grant applications and reporting.