MEOC members belong to a community of outreach professionals and educators dedicated to disseminating apolitical and nonpartisan information, resources and activities furthering understanding about the Middle East. We have a variety of membership categories, reflecting our diverse membership of K-12 teachers, post-secondary instructors, and outreach professionals.
Membership Categories and Benefits
FREE Access Membership
• Electronic copies of “Perspectives”
• A directory with contact information of members (institutional, plus self-selecting individual members)
• Information about academic and educational events pertaining to the Middle East
• Information about professional development and funding opportunities
• Resources for teaching about the Middle East
• Book award results, plus updates on new publications, films and other media pertaining to the Middle East
• Right to post on the MEOC listserv (NOTE: Films, books, and other products may only be announced once per year.)
Outreach Professional Membership
• $25 for outreach professionals; free for lifetime achievement award winners
• Everything that comes with an Access membership, plus:
• A hard copy of “Perspectives”
• Right to vote and participate in MEOC decision-making processes (nominating, voting for a board member, nominating and deliberating on the book award team; participating in bylaws change discussions and voting for changes)
• Opportunities to produce instructional materials, present in classrooms and design training
• Opportunity to be apply for travel award to attend MESA
• $10 for K-12 teachers only; free for lifetime achievement award winners
• Everything that comes with the Outreach Professional membership
• $100 for institutional members (must be institutions of higher learning or non- or not-for-profit organizations)
• Everything that comes with an Outreach Professional membership, plus
• 25 hard copies of Perspectives
• Two Outreach Professional memberships for outreach personnel employed by the institution
• An unlimited number of Access memberships
• An institutional page on the MEOC website
If you have any questions about membership, please contact:
St. Andrew’s School
350 Noxontown Road
Middletown, DE 19709
MEOC Membership Application Form
Complete the form below, whether you would like to become a free Access or a paying/voting member.
If you would like to pay by credit card or Paypal, complete the form and then click Submit. Once you complete the form and click on the Submit button, you will return to this page with a thank you message. The form will be blank, but you can now use the paypal button below to pay for your membership if you would like.
If you would like to be invoiced for payment, please note this in the message box, and we will send you an invoice right away. Thank you for joining MEOC!
If your membership category requires payment, please choose the correct option below and click the button to pay via Paypal. You do not need a Paypal account to pay through this secure system.